Friday, June 24, 2011

Friday Fill-In!

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In
Join along at Wife of a Sailor!

Are you a different person than you were five years ago? submitted by Sisterly Thoughts
Absolutely. Five years ago I was fourteen for christ's sake. I wore nothing but black because I thought I was fat, and dark-skinned. I still do, just have been coaxed into wearing more colors. My mother had just kicked me out at 13 because I was someone she didn't want me to be and also for her new husband. It was a year until I got my kitty LittleButt. I was still doing amazingly in school and I was sick all of the time. Vastly different. Now I'm only sick part of the time. And I'm missing part of my pinkie.

If you could go on Amazing Race, who would you take with you as your partner and why? submitted by Thoughts from a Poekitten
Definitely my husband. One, I couldn't actually stand to be around anyone else that much. But, also, he would be really good at it! Land Nav training and all that... But he wouldn't know how to budget or cook better than I do. We'd complement each other. Not that I'm bad with Directions, I just know he's better :D

Does Facebook or Twitter actually bring more stress or good in to your life? submitted by Just an Arizona Girl
Good. Though sometimes my drama-free friends get backed into a situation where there's just so much drama. uuuugh. In those cases, if there is no way I can help, I tend to stay away for a bit.

June is National Soul Food Month- what's your soul food? submitted by NH Girl Displaced
Does BBQ Count? If so, then Pulled Pork BBQ. If not, it's probably Sweet potato fries I guess.

If you could live in any other era than the current, which one would it be & why? submitted bySugar in My Grits
I hate this question. None. People think that they'd have lives like on their favorite TV shows. They wouldn't. And every time I see people answer yes to this question it always bugs me as a tiny bit racist, they forget that until about the 1970's - Now that people who actually have more PIGMENT in their skin are really accepted... and even then most of the time, they're not. Granted lots of people said eff that and made their own corporations and entertainment and companies, etc... but, still. You can see where I would have a problem with this. The most popular answers to these questions all involve me having the available job as a maid or a cook, my dad as a laborer, my brother as a servant, my sister as another maid or waitress... The pattern goes on and on. My family is very interracial--yes, I'm also part Caucasian... but back then that meant nothing. I hate this question. I really, really do.



No comments:

Post a Comment